June 08, 2015
(Bloomington, MN) Doran Construction, the Bloomington, Minnesota-based general contracting company, announced today that they have been awarded more than $100 million in construction projects that have commenced in late May and early June.
- BlueStone Flats, a 142 unit luxury apartment project developed and owned by Summit Management. The project is located at the BlueStone Commons residential and commercial development near the UMD campus.
- The Encore, a Sherman & Associates 122 unit 12-story luxury apartment project with three levels of underground parking at 935 Second St. S. in Minneapolis, across the street from the Guthrie Theater and Gold Medal Park.
- 610 West, a 480 unit luxury apartment community located one block east of Target’s Corporate Campus on Oak Grove Parkway in Brooklyn Park. The project is owned by Doran Companies and will be developed in two phases. The current construction contract includes 287 of the 480 unit project and a 23,000 square foot high amenity clubhouse.
- Jupiter Plaza, a 6000 square foot expansion of Woodbury Village which is owned by Robert Muir Properties.
- 5300 Central, a new 6000 square foot out parcel building owned by Totem Foods. The project is located in Fridley, MN near the Target Plaza.
In addition to significant commercial projects, over the past five years Doran Construction’s residential unit has built, or has under construction, 20 multi-family projects in Minnesota and North Dakota with over 3500 apartment units and a value of over a half billion dollars—achieving a reputation as one of the most experienced multi-family builders in this market.